The Professional Place to Be. . .
The Southern California Institute of Food Technologists (SCIFTS) is one of the largest sections of the international society of professional food personnel involved or interested in any of the various aspects of the field of food.
Whether you are a food technologist, researcher, scientist, engineer, executive, administrator, educator, author, marketer, consultant, student, or salesperson, there is a place for you in this multi-faceted organization.
Membership is open to food professionals living and/or working in the following geographical districts and counties:
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara
- San Luis Obispo
Why Join SCIFTS?
- To Stimulate and Update Your Ongoing Personal Growth
- Southern California Food Industry Conference (SCFIC) - Nationally recognized authorities investigate current trends and new technologies as well as controversial issues.
- Suppliers’ Night - Over 300 exhibitors offer new product ideas, technical information and other services.
- Scientific Lectureships
- Research Grants
- Hot Topics in the News
- Point/Counterpoint Debates
- To Contact and Network with Other Professionals in the Food Industry Who Share Similar Interests and Challenges
- Monthly Meetings
- Career Opportunities
- Meet Distinguished Achievers
- Input and Exchange Ideas
- Personal Development
“To fulfill human needs for a quality food supply through
science, technology, and education.”
The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), the national organization, was founded in 1939 as a non-profit society. Today, this proactive scientific and educational organization has expanded to over 23,000 members working in food science, technology, nutrition and related professions in industry, academia and government. As the authoritative voice of food science and technology, IFT brings sound science to the public discussion of food issues.
Click Here to Join SCIFTS Now!
a Member of National IFT
For more information
and to explore the benefits